Lithium button batteries can cause injury and death in children. If you think your child may have swallowed a button battery, call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 immediately.
Lithium button batteries are found in remote controls, digital thermometers, audio greeting cards, bathroom scales and many other household items. You should store these items in a place children can’t reach.
This video explains how button battery ingestion injures children, symptoms to look out for, and what to do if you think your child may have swallowed a battery.
This video was created by the Poison Control Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. This team of pharmacists, nurses and doctors helps thousands of children and adults every year, taking calls around the clock from people who are concerned that a poisoning has occurred. http://www.chop.edu/poisoncontrol